Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A GHOST PEPPER HALLOWEEN

Happy Halloween!!!! 


This halloween, this featured pepper seemed appropriate. Its intense... I cannot stress how intense... heat of this pepper really sneaks up on you. The pepper, which is red and wrinkly like the photo above, (that I borrowed from Citrus Guy's blog ..thanks!) has a delicious, smokey flavor and then a sudden spice that you don't expect. 

I am growing Ghost Peppers now! Thanks to my mom, who gave me some. She grew them from seed, and said that even the seeds are hot! It is even recommended that you wear gloves even while planting these spicy buggers! She said a volunteer at the farm was literally coughing while planting the Ghost Pepper seeds. Yikes.

We tried this amazing Silver Leaf International Ghost Pepper salsa that my husband found at Whole Foods. It's HOT. But, it has suchhhhh a good flavor. Seriously, try it!

Be on the lookout for recipes that include Ghost Peppers for me, because I am very cautious in actually eating these peppers once my plant starts producing them! :)




Have a safe Halloween! 













3 comments:

  1. Ghost pepper sounds intense but do you burst into fire before enjoying delicious smokey flavour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just after, actually! So I have the tendency to just keep eating it... to postpone the burn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice halloween pepper! it does look intense

    ReplyDelete