Tuesday, August 3, 2010

*CUTE* garden accessories

I have barely gotten my garden situated and sprouting, but who's to say that it's to early to accessorize? One thing about having a little space to work with is that a few accessories will go a long way. In addition to a few cute pots, you can always add a few decorative yet functional items to your balcony garden. Here are a few *adorable* finds that I have on my gardening wish list! 

Garden Markers from Anthropologie for $28. These are made from vintage spoons and metal stamped with herb names. You can make your own markers with things like popsicle sticks, twigs or painted rocks.


Okay, so you probably don't need these for a balcony gardening, as all of your plants are probably in pots. But, they're quite fashionable and will save those freshly-painted nails! Again, this find is from Anthro for $20.

Perfect example of funcational decor. Who wouldn't want this pink swan watering can? This can is a steal at only $10 from modcloth.com.

Alright, so this is a more extravagant garden purchase, but I plan to keep an eye out for my own wicker or wrought iron chairs and spray them each with different colors. This one is found at...surprise!!.... Anthropologie for $298 per chair. 

A hammock is a neat addition to any small outdoor space. We have this beautiful, hand-dyed, hand-sewed one from Whole Earth Provisions for $95. It's perfect because we can stretch it out when we want to lounge in it, and then quickly unhook it and stow it away when we need our patio space back. :)


Garden shrooms! Although the vendor on Etsy has sold out of these, these are too cute! Some of the other ones have creepy little aliens with them, but the mushrooms themselves are soooo Mario Brothers & would be really cute sitting in one of my potted veggies!

Found your own garden finds? Post them! I don't hate comments. ;)



3 comments:

  1. I love the accessory ideas you found! The spoon markers especially are too cute and won't fade over time like most markers do. I can already tell that you are going to have the cutest balcony garden on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wish I could make the spoons myself!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear!!! I'm glad you like the accessories. As I find more, I'll post them for ya! I will also find some DIY things that don't cost so much! Thanks so much for checking out my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete