Thursday, July 15, 2010

What's growing!

So, with huge support to get this garden guide going, my mom and mother-in-law started me off with snippets & full plants of nearly every vegetable and herb that I was wanting to grow! So here's a little inventory of what I'll be starting out with!  Click the images for a large view, if needed! :)


I am so excited about growing my balcony garden! It will be interesting to begin this learn-as-you-go process. My plants are all still babies, but they will be fruiting in no time! I definitely recommend starting out with herbs in your garden. This may just be the part of me that needs instant satisfaction, but it has so far been nice to be able to step outside and snip some rosemary or basil to cook with while I'm waiting on the other plants to get bigger before they yield anything!
The next step for these guys is new pots! I will be re-vamping some moldy old pots that were given to me. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Yeay Shantell!!!! Looking forward to your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! look forward to seeing what happens!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. best smelling balcony on the block!

    save some pot-painting for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear excitement!!!!! It's looking beautiful... and I'll save plenty of pots for painting!

    ReplyDelete